WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. –During its April Board of Directors Meeting, the Steel Erectors Association of America elected David Schulz of Schulz Iron Works Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina, as president elect. As an active member of the executive committee, he will take office as president in 2018.
All other officers will complete their two-year term in 2018. They are:
- Sitting president: Josh Cilley, American Steel and Precast Erectors and Buckner Companies
- Vice president, associate: Carrie Gulajan, Construction Insurance Agency Inc.
- Treasurer: Geoff Kress, Gardner-Watson Decking Inc.
- Secretary: Chris Legnon, Cooper Steel
- Immediate past president: Steve Burkholder, S&R Enterprises LLC
Board members confirmed for the 2017-2019 term are:
- Bob Beckner, Peterson Beckner Industries Inc., has been a member of SEAA since 1993 and has served as a past president
- Dave Brown, United Rentals, is serving in his second term with the board
- Bryan McClure, MSC Safety Solutions, is a new addition to the board, and has been involved with the association since the early 1990s
- Jack Metcalf, National Institute of Steel Detailing, is a long-time member, having served on the board for more than five terms
- Jim Simonson, Steel Service Corp., returns to the board after previously filling an open position
- Ben Wadlington, Bracken Construction Co. Inc., joins the board for the first time, and has been a member of the association for many years